There are many opportunities for companies and students in the school-work exchange, divided into didactic training modules that can be completed in the classroom or in the company.
“Pathways to Transversal Skills and Orientation” is a study system that allows student high school with at least 15 years to work for a company or entity in the public administration. It is a concrete opportunity to combine the business needs and effectiveness of the training courses promoted during schooling, which finds excellent feedback, especially in the context of seasonal activities. Furthermore, more and more companies are deciding to transform traineeships into an employment relationship, thus exercising the right to three years’ exemption from social security contributions.
The school-work alternation project includes four phases:
1) company selection o institution where it is performed, together with their reference professor, who accompanies the student in identifying the suitability and the most suitable path;
2) meeting with the companyspecifically with the latter’s contact person to get in touch with the company immediately and discuss the project;
3) development of the project;
4) final evaluation to confirm the skills acquired during the work, both by the host company and by the school, which issues a certification confirming the skills acquired.
Switching between school and work: how it works
The school-work exchange is divided into didactic training modulesto be performed in the classroom or in the company through workshops, technical lessons also at work, visits, job shadowing, testimony in the classroom of entrepreneurs and workers, e-learning courses linked to the company and periods of practical learning in a work context.
The exchange rates thus become an integral part of the educational process, placed under the responsibility of the educational institution on the basis of specific conventions which can be determined by:
the host structures;
the respective representative associations;
chambers of commerce, industry, crafts and agriculture;
public and private entities, including those from the third sector;
– professional associations;
museums and other public and private cultural institutions.
L ‘activities of training and orientation of the alternating school-work path, which does not constitute an employment relationship, go together designed and tested:
– by a teacher internal teacherdesignated by the school, responsible for safety and health at work;
by a business education supervisor, named by the host organization, named guidance counselor forming exterior.
The training activity can be completed even below there Suspension of educational activitiesand therefore also during the summer.
Students must perform experience in alternation regime for one total duration from at least:
– 150 hours in technical and professional institutes;
– 90 hours in colleges, in the last three years of their studies.
– 210 hours annually in the case of vocational training courses (IEFP) defined by the regions and in higher technical institutes (ITS).
Under one university coursecan be carried out through curriculum internships, specialization in the company, orientation activities, laboratory and other ways of learning on the job that can be attributed to the university’s third mission activities, in accordance with the parameters specified by the national evaluation Department of University System and Research (Anvur).
Students’ rights and duties
Students involved in exchange courses and subjects with parental responsibility have right:
– to a broad and detailed information about the project and on its educational and training purposes, as well as on the personal training path, where the expected skills and obligations arising from the activity in the context of work are rejected;
– to be supported by an internal supervisor appointed by the school and by a supervisor appointed by the host structure;
recognition of the learning outcomes achieved in the form of competencies, skills and knowledge, including cross-cutting, in the context of the educational path followed.
During the change periods, students have shall from:
– respect the rules of conductfunctional and organizational of the structure in which they are hosted;
– respect the rules of the students at the school to which they belong;
ensure the effective frequency of the training activities provided by the host organization;
– respect that hygiene rules, health And security at work;
comply with the duty of confidentiality regarding data, information and knowledge acquired during the alternation experience.
In order validity of the route of the bill, the frequencyof the student at least 75% of the total number of hours anticipated by the project.
The school-work exchange is subjectApplication of Legislative Decree No. 81/2008: in this respect is the student equated with the worker. The educational institution must insure the student in a school-work exchange course against accidents at work at INAIL, as well as for civil liability with insurance companies operating in the sector.
Contribution relief on employment
The facilitation of permanent employment is in force, within 6 months from the achievement of educational qualificationsof young people who have performed school-work alternating activities or apprenticeships in addition to vocational training with the same employer.
The advantage, valid to 3 yearsexpected in an amount equal to 100% of the social contributions carried by the company, within a roof maximum annual recognized amount of 3,000 euros.
Specifically, the recruitment must deal with:
students, including university students or recognized training courses, who have carried out exchange activities in school work with the same employer, corresponding to at least 30% of the exchange hours stipulated by law;
students who have completed apprenticeships with the same employer for the professional qualification and diploma, upper secondary education certificate, higher technical specialization certificate or apprenticeship periods in higher education;
– who has not reached the age of 30 and has not already been employed by another employer indefinitely.
The actual performance of the alternating activity between school and work can be proven:
– from convention agreed with the school or educational institution for activating the internship;
– from individual training project annexes to the agreement on activation of the internship;
– from attendance note of the student in business;
from the declaration issued by the school or educational institution.
That no relief is accumulated with other contributing incentives or benefits.