the results of the Invalsi test

According to the results of the Invalsi 2022 tests, although the situation in Italian schools has improved compared to last year, almost every second student graduates without having acquired basic skills, especially if they live in the southern regions and come from disadvantaged areas.

Despite some improvements over last year, where sheep and quarantines for Covid they had caused a real collapse in learning Italian students, also in 2022 there were difficulties a school.

Today, almost every second student graduates without having reached it basic abilities, especially if he lives in the southern regions and comes from disadvantaged areas. This is the picture taken from the results of tests Invalsi 2022 in Italian, mathematics, English, illustrated by the President ofEvaluation institute Roberto Ricci.

What emerged from the Invalsi test

The test involved over 920,000 primary school students (second and fifth grade), about 545,000 students in eighth grade and just over 953,000 high school students (this year they also took place in second grade – and then in fifth grade). The participation was almost total.

Maturity exam without mask: only recommended for students and professors, government decision

A few words? IN fifth parent 52% of students reached at least the appropriate level in Italian. This means that the remaining 48% of children did not reach it when we in 2019, before the pandemic was at 64%.

IN mathematics 50% of the students achieved basic results. Here, too, the same value as in 2021. In 2019, it was 61%, with a decrease of 11 points compared to the pre-pandemic period. Again, B2 level in English (reading) is reached by 52% of the children. This means that it is slightly better than in 2021 (50%), but still lower than in 2019 (55%).

The territorial gaps observed at the end of the second education cycle are also widening. Students who do not reach the basic level in Italian exceed the threshold of 60% in Campania, Calabria And Sicily. In mathematics, students below the appropriate level reach 70% in four regions (Campania, Calabria, Sicily, Sardinia). Still in the same regions, 60% of children in the reading test and 80% in the listening test do not reach B2.

What happens in primary school

Among the positive remarks in the report are there Primary school, where the comparison between 2022 and 2019 paints a largely stable picture (primary schools have therefore resisted the pandemic).

In second grade, three out of four students have reached the basic level in both Italian and mathematics. Compared to 2019 in Italian, the proportion of weak students decreases by 5 points, while it increases by 6 points in mathematics.

That “implicit spread“and that is, the children who graduate without having the skills expected after 13 years of schooling.

The figure will fall, albeit slightly, in all regions from 9.8% in 2021 to 9.7% in 2022.

Principals: “Reforming the school”

To Antonello Giannellichairman of the PNA, the Invalsi results “require a very serious reflection on the need for reform the school. If, on the one hand, some data leaves us with a certain margin of positivity, it is also true that there are many, too many revealing signs of a ease who can not leave the country indifferently ‘.

The President of the Rectors’ Association notes that “I am exploding in all their virulence below school notes. Territorial holes which is becoming unsustainable, an increasingly less restricted drop-out rate, students from disadvantaged socio-economic backgrounds, which reveals greater fragility, more and more difficulties in the South in guaranteeing a level playing field “.

For this, he appeals to “focus on a school that profoundly revises its own methodological paradigms And evaluative. Students must be accompanied, motivated and supported with innovative tools that meet the needs of a changing country “.

The unions: “Bauction hypocrisy, the school needs investment “

“The report on the results of the Invalsi tests in 2022, despite all the limitations of this detection system, as we have always reported, provides yet another discouraging photograph of the Italian school: the data is worrying is that the territorial gaps are rising significantly, just while we absurdly return to discuss differentiated autonomy “, read the union’s comment FLC CGIL in a note.

“We are facing a shortage of politics, too busy to avoid a real investment of resources in the school – we read again -. Instead, it should be attributed solely to the professionalism of teachers and by school staff that, despite the two years of the pandemic, the results globally have not marked a general decline in learning. What turns out is a high average quality of the school system, which has only faced two years of hardship thanks to the professionalism and generosity of the entire school staff. “

Leave a Comment