Teachers who are not involved in the Maturity Exam must be available for the service school until June 30, 2022. Let’s see how and why.
Before we go into the details of the subject, let us remember what tests the exam consists of, the composition of the commission, the appointment of commissioners and their possible replacement.
The final state exam on the second education cycle as 2021/22, governed by OM n. 65/2022, consists of three tests:
- first national written test in Italian;
- second written test in a discipline that characterizes the course of study (prepared by all the teachers from the subcommittees working in the school holding the subject for the same test);
Maturity 2022, two written and oral tests. Less weight in second test. Here is the ministerial order. DOWNLOAD PDF
The examination committee consists of all internal members and a chairman outside the school.
A commission is set up for each of two classes, divided into two sub-commissions (one per class), each consisting of six internal commissioners (it is possible that one or more stewards are identified for both classes). As mentioned above, the Commission is headed by an external chairman.
Appointment of Commissioners
The members of the committee are appointed by each class council from among the teachers under the same class council, holders of the examination course, both indefinite and permanent. Learn more
Teachers who benefit from those in section 33 of Act no. 104/92 (teachers with a personal disability or who assist a severely disabled person) cannot accept the term as commissioners.
The replacement of the members of the commission (the commissioners), who are internal members, is the responsibility of the head teacher of the examination school.
The trustee follows, in order to arrange for any replacements, the order of priority set out in Article 13 of OM n. 65/2022. We talked about it in “Mature 2022, Replacement of Commission Components: When and How. Temporary Absence”.
Teachers not involved in exam operations
Provisions concerning teachers who are not involved in the conduct of examinations (therefore not appointed as commissioners) are found both in OM n. 65/2022, which regulates the examination, and in OM n. 66/2022, which regulates the composition of the commissions:
– Article 13, paragraph 4, in OM n. 65/22:
- The staff that can be used as a replacement, with the exception of staff with a short and occasional temporary employment, will be at the service training institution’s disposal until 30 June 2022.
– Article 14 of OM 66/2022:
- In addition to the dispensation hypotheses, the management and teaching staff who are not used in the examination operation must be available for the service school until 30 June 2022.
- 2. The managers responsible for the USR and the managers / coordinators acquire the effective contact information for such management and teaching staff with reference to the entire period of the actual execution of the operations.
From reading the two provisions above we can say that:
- the permanent teaching staff with a contract until 30/06 or 31/08, not engaged in the examination operation, must be at the school’s disposal until 30 June 2022 (OM 65/22 speaks of staff that can be used for replacements, while OM 66/22 of all staff – including leaders for the replacement of presidents);
- exempt staff may not remain available (OM 66/22);
- vacant teachers do not have to go to school (OM 66/22).
With regard to the last point, we clarify that the teachers who are available until 30 June do not go to school every day, but give the headmaster the exact address they are at during the exam, so in case of replacement they are easily contacted pr. the leader himself. This is clear from Article 14/2 of OM 66/22:
2. The managers responsible for the USR and the managers / coordinators acquire the effective contact information for such management and teaching staff with reference to the entire period of the actual execution of the operations.
All about Maturity 2022