Published June 15, 2022
PTC presents Creo 9, the ninth version of its CAD platform which introduces several improvements to enable engineers to complete their projects in less time and take a further step towards innovation thanks to the use of the latest technologies, such as generative designthat real-time simulation andadditive manufacturing.
Therefore, several improvements have been introduced by Creo 9, including:
- Ease of use and productivity. For the design environment, improvements have mainly focused on usability and productivity aspects. The improvements made relate tomodel wood, now faster for structure, documentation and the ability to understand the so-called design intent. In addition, a new function has been added, which makes it possible to separate surfaces for improve the analysis and definition of the product.
- More powerful simulation and new opportunities Generative design. Ansys ‘advanced multiphysics is now available integrated into Creos’ simulation capabilities. The generative design features have also been expanded with the addition of some new capabilities that allow engineers to set product optimizations based on internal safety factors and natural frequency limits.
- Improvements of Model-based definition (MDB) and details. Model-based design, which has always been subject to continuous improvement, especially with regard to surface treatment and weldingnow allows users to include specific information related to production processes directly in the model and thus improve efficiency and communication.
- Ergonomic design And vision. The extension of the tools dedicated to ergonomics allows designers to analyze projects from the user’s point of view, to ensure that the products comply with the standards regarding occupational safety, health and hygiene. Uses the new functionality Field of view analysis it is possible to analyze the user’s individual point of view or refer to his actual field of view while using the equipment.
- moving inAdditive and subtractive manufacturing. Creo 9 provides better control over stochastic and formula-based grid structures, as well as custom support structures for additive manufacturing. In terms of subtractive technology, the improvements concerned the generation of toolpaths for the operation of 5-axis finishingthat turndesigned by forme and adaptive feed rate associated with milling.
“Creo 9 is an important release in the development of which our customers’ feedback has played a significant role,” he says. Brian Thompson, Division Vice President and General Manager Creo at PTC -. For the benefit of our customers, we have made fundamental improvements, such as those involving surface separation and design intent. Our specific focus was on currently more advanced technologies that transform design, such as simulation, generative design and additive manufacturing. Finally, we have improved the functionality of Creo also from a point of viewergonomics. Thanks to all these improvements, designers are now able to manage the design of their products faster and with more advanced tools, which allow them to further reduce time-to-market ”.
Cable tow cable holder in the Keba Industrial Automation demonstration robot
Keba Industrial Automation, an automation expert for integrated robots, used Kabelschlepps Robotrax, a 3D motion cable carrier system optimized for use with industrial robots, to create a realistic technology demonstrator. The company has developed a robot …
Industrial development and sustainable society Omron announces its 2030 strategy
Omron has announced the goals of its ‘Shaping the future 2030 (SF2030)’ strategy, named after Omron’s President and CEO Yoshihito Yamada. Omron’s long-term vision for the financial year 2030 is an extension of …
Digital twin at America’s Cup, Emirates Team New Zealand is dependent on Siemens
Emirates Team New Zealand, the reigning America’s Cup champion team, has selected the Siemens Xcelerator portfolio for the design and development of its next racing yacht. The team intends to win their third victory in a row …
Fluid dynamics applications with Comsol simulation, webinar on June 8
Comsol is holding a free webinar dedicated to simulating fluid dynamic applications on Wednesday, June 8 at. 14.30. The webinar aims to demonstrate how to understand and optimize complex phenomena such as fluid-structure interaction or heat exchange, …
Fanuc robot for applications in precision milling processes
Fanuc Introduces R-2000iC / 190S Six-Axis Robot Introducing Automation for Precision Milling Applications That Require Direct Machining of Parts. Most of the robotic solutions in milling processes that have been adopted to date are …
Manufacturing 4.0, modernization and subcontractors: Mecfor becomes an annual platform
The Mecfor trade show, the event dedicated to the renewal of machine tools, subcontractors and turning, which successfully completed its first edition in Parma in May last year, will be an annual platform for the manufacturing industry 4.0.
Patented workpiece stabilizer and Soraluce flexible milling at Mecspe 2022
Soraluce participates in Mecspe 2022 (hall 16, stand A38) and presents the patented system DWS – Dynamic Workpiece Stabilizer, a device that cancels vibrations integrated by a frequency regulator, and one or more inertia actuators that …
Drone detection in critical infrastructures with Teledyne Flir radar and sensors
Teledyne Flir has successfully completed the installation of a long-range drone detection system for a critical infrastructure located in Sweden. The supplied solution uses the ‘slew-to-cue’ function, where a radar constantly scans the sky, …
Simplified installation and high reliability in the small levels F.lli Giacomello
The research staff at F.lli Giacomello worked hard to create a product that would simplify the installation process of the level indicators while maintaining the quality and precision standards. The commitment has led to …
Safety in machines with Schmersal at SPS in Parma
Schmersal brings to SPS Italia in Parma from 24 to 26 May (Hall 6, booth B068) a range of products for security applications on automated machines and systems. The technologies that equip the sensors …