The commissions for the final state examination on the second cycle of education as 2021/22 consist of six internal members and an external chairman. When do you make replacements and when not: temporary and non-temporary absence.
Second class state examination as 2021/22 is governed by OM n. 65/2022, issued pursuant to § 1, § 956, in Act no. 234/2021 and by Article 1 of Legislative Decree no. 22/2020, converted into Act no. 41/2020. Maturity 2022, two written and oral tests. Less weight in second test. Here is the ministerial order. DOWNLOAD PDF
The exam consists of three tests: first national written test in Italian; second written test in a discipline that characterizes the course of study (prepared by all the teachers from the subcommittees working in the school holding the subject for the same test); an interview.
Maturity 2022, written tests and interview indications. Six internal teachers and external chairman. DOWNLOAD ordinances [PDF]
The exam commissions are:
- consists of one every other class;
- composed of six internal stewards for each of the two classes, it being understood that one or more stewards may be identified for both classes;
- each divided into two sub-commissions (one for each of the two classes that make up the commission);
- led by a chairman outside the school.
Duty to serve
Participation in the state test is part of the obligations that lie in the performance of the teachers ‘and school leaders’ tasks.
It is possible to refuse the assignment or to leave it while the work is in progress, only in case of legal obstruction for documented and established reasons.
Who can not accept the appointment
Teachers who benefit from those in section 33 of Act no. 104/92 (teachers with a personal disability or who assist a severely disabled person) cannot accept the term as commissioners.
Replacement of components
In the event of non-acceptance of the appointment or non-temporary absence (absence of more than one day), the member or members in question must be replaced.
There replacement of components Commission it is up to to class teacher of the school where the examination takes place (in case of the President’s absence, the replacement is the responsibility of the USR).
The manager, who is to replace a member of the commission, continues in the following order of priority:
- identification and appointment of a teacher in the same discipline or in possession of the relative qualification or alternatively a qualification, in the service of the school where the examination is held;
- identification and appointment of a teacher in a similar discipline or in possession of the relative qualification or alternatively a qualification, in the service of the school where the examination is held;
- identification and appointment of a teacher in the same discipline or in possession of the relative qualification or alternatively a qualification to which the assignment of substitute is to be left to the duration of the state examinations;
- identification and appointment of a teacher in a similar discipline or in possession of the relative qualification or alternatively a qualification to which the assignment of substitute is to be left to the duration of the state examinations;
- only in the event that it is not possible to identify teachers on the basis of the above, identification and appointment of a teacher from another discipline in the following order of priority:
– teacher in the class council corresponding to the subcommittee;
– teacher in service at the school institution where the examination is held;
teacher to be entrusted with the allocation of substitutes during the State examination.
Which absence is considered temporary? How do you proceed in this matter?
Temporary absence means an absence whose duration does not exceed one day. After this period (ie in case of absence of more than one day), the Commissioner shall be replaced, as indicated above, for the entire duration of the test.
In the event of the temporary absence of one of the Commissioners:
- it is possible to proceed with the correction of the written tests, provided that the presence of the Commission by the President or his deputy and at least the Commissioners for the first and second written tests is ensured; in the case of organizing the correction by disciplinary areas, the presence of at least two commissioners per area secured;
- it is not possible to carry out the interviews so that all examination operations in connection with the day of absence of the member (s) are interrupted;
We specify that:
- the temporary absence must be due to legitimate obstacles documented and ascertained;
- in the event of the absence of the chairman (always for a period not exceeding one day) it is possible to carry out the operations which do not require the presence of the whole Commission, without prejudice to the presence of a deputy for the same (chairman).
Staff available for replacements
The staff that can be used as a replacement, with the exception of staff with a short and occasional temporary employment, is at the service training institution’s disposal until 30 June 2022.
Executive Order on the Establishment of State Examination Commissions 2021/22
Maturity 2022, commissions: external chairman and internal teachers also on term. Balance between disciplines, compulsory Italian and second test. ORDER [PDF]
All about Maturity 2022