Forthe alternation between school and work will a new security protocol to ensure the health and safety of students. The protocol on health and safety at work, specifically for the change between school and work, was therefore signed a few days ago by Minister of Education Patrizio Bianchi, by the Minister of Labor and Social Policy Andrea Orlando, by the Director of the National Inspectorate del Lavoro (INL ), Bruno Giordano and the President of the National Institute for Accident Insurance (INAIL), Franco Bettoni.
That “Memorandum on understanding the promotion and dissemination of the culture of health and safety at work as part of the cross-cutting skills and orientation pathways” (PCTO) has three years duration and manages planning, educational and didactic proposals. The main purpose of the protocol, the reason why it is ultimately born, is to prevent accidents, even fatal ones, from happening during the alternation between school and work. Let’s see what it predicts the Security Protocol for PCTOs.
Switching between school and work: what the safety protocol provides
The safety protocol for the change between school and work, which arises from the agreement between ministries, INL and INAIL aims to “systematically reduce accidents through strategic use of effective training and information actions, intended for school leaders, teachers and all students, especially to them , who are close to entering the world of work, or who are involved in “Pathways for cross-cutting skills and for orientation.”
It can be read in the press release on the website of the Orlando Ministry of Labor between the parties to the agreement. The protocol begins by raising awareness of the issue of safety and health at work information and training:
- school leaders;
- students, especially those involved in PCTOs.
The actions and tools provided for in the safety protocol for alternation between school and work, after the involvement of the Regional Conference, will also be aimed at those offering the courses, such as curricula and internships.
The Protocol provides for the establishment of a Coordination Committee consisting of five representatives belonging to the signing institutions of the agreement (two for the Ministry of Education), and which have the following tasks:
- prepare annual plans for activities and projects to be implemented / promoted;
- periodically monitor the state of implementation of the individual initiatives implemented and the level of achievement of the objectives as well as the effectiveness of the actions taken.
In the question, the owner of Miur intervened and declared when he signed the security protocol for the change between school and work:
“Today we are taking a step forward. Together with the Ministry of Labor, INAIL and the National Labor Inspectorate, we are meeting on a framework agreement, which is the fruit of the work of recent months, the basic element of which is the safety culture. We also aim to involve the Regions and other local actors as soon as possible. The experiences that female students and pupils carry out outside our schools are and must remain training and orientation experiences linked to their educational paths, in order to be carried out with the greatest possible certainty. Working with the safety culture also means making a long-term investment to counter the unacceptable phenomenon of accidents at work. “
Switching between school, work and security: the parties involved
Each of the parties involved undertakes, with regard to the Protocol on Safety in School-Work Alternation, to implement the envisaged initiatives within their respective competencies.
The Ministry of Labor must, among other things, address:
- cure application and monitoring of the implementation of legislation on health and safety at work;
- monitor on the implementation of the provisions on compulsory insurance against accidents at work and occupational diseases as well as insurance against accidents at home;
- to promote And dispersion prevention tools and good practice also in the field of information and communication for the prevention of accidents and occupational diseases, also in agreement with the other competent authorities, as well as the improvement of trade union agreements, codes of conduct and ethical rules, directives and monitoring the effectiveness of preventive measures.
The Ministry of Education, on the other hand, has the institutional purpose of:
- spread and promote the right to study and education throughout the national territory;
- promote the implementation of activities aimed at increasing the educational and planning efforts of school institutions;
- promotes the qualification of the school service also through forms of partnership with public and private bodies;
- seek the conditions for combining the broadest organizational flexibility in schools, the effectiveness of educational measures offered in response to new educational needs, timeliness and cost-effectiveness of interventions, by making use of the constructive contribution of all the mainstays of the social community that they belongs.
The Ministry of Education is also developing operational tools (maps to support schools and host structures) “with a view to making the training process effective in the field of health and safety at work in the context of PCTOs.”
This can be read in the protocol, which also lists the tasks of INL and INAIL. To learn more about the content of the safety protocol for the switch between school and work, we refer to the complete text that we attach below.
- Safety protocol for changing school work
- Intesa Bianchi, Orlando, INAIL and INL. Full text in .Pdf