There environmental sustainability It is a theme increasingly dear to the Italians and in recent yearsattention to ecological choices has increased markedly. This is confirmed by a recent survey conducted by YouGov, according to which 63% of Italians declare that they have an environmentally friendly behavior. 43% of the sample believe that the use of recycled products can help the planet, and 12% consider the purchase of materials made with sustainable production processes as an option that should be preferred. This ecological orientation is also reflected in the furniture sector which is increasingly geared towards sustainability, with choices and styles that respect nature. In fact, the focus is on the creation of collections of furniture and interior accessories made with materials that can be recycled indefinitely or completely naturally, thus canceling out the impact on Earth. To create an environmentally friendly home, the available materials are numerous, and each of them is able to guarantee durability, a stylistic characteristic and a strong aesthetic effect. Among the different types of eco-sustainable furniture, we find Low Impact Living, based on the choice of materials and objects for the home made in total respect for nature.
The materials for a green home
Nature provides a wide range of materials that do not require interventions that are harmful to the ecosystem. In order to have an environmentally friendly home, it is essential to choose some to create original and at the same time environmentally friendly environments.
- tree: it is one of the most widely used materials in furnishing. It can be used in any room in the house and creates a style heat, elegant, refined. It has the great advantage that it reduces the heat dissipation and has a considerable duration;
- cork: it is always obtained from plants and harvested every 4 years by cutting the trunk of the cork tree. It is a 100% recyclable material and is impermeable to gases and liquids;
- cardboard: it is one of the most environmentally friendly and versatile materials. With cardboard they can be made light and resistant furniture, able to withstand even heavy loads. It can be reused without problems and is often combined with glass and wood to create completely unique compositions;
- bioplastic: bioplastics it is made by converting organic material, such as cereals, beets and sugar cane. With this material you can make furniture and interior accessories, but its use is still very limited due to have high costs;
- Pet: acronym for polyethylene terephthalate, is a synthetic material that it is made with oil and methane. It can be reused several times to make new products and is very resistant. 100% recyclable;
- hemp: an extraordinary material that combines technical properties with some basic properties of respect for nature. It is used to insulate panels due to its high heat conduction, but it is also used for coatings and carpets. Growing hemp promotes soil renewal, f the plant is capable of storing large amounts of CO2.
The listed materials represent a possible choice for home decor. In the market, the supply is actually very wide and is designed for every type of need. In order to choose the right material, it is important to rely on a team of experts who can recommend the one that best suits your home and your personal needs. In the Bassetti Bologna store, it is possible to discover various interior design solutions that are based on the latest trends in eco-sustainable interior design and that can be calibrated according to the individual customer’s needs. The first step to being able to make informed choices.