Allplan wants to challenge your creativity and encourage you to fill an “imaginary constructive void” through your idea.
That is why this Allplan competition was born
Our cities are becoming more and more crowded. Very often, the only solution to quickly meet the demand for new living space is the increase in building density. With this international initiative, we will challenge your creativity and see how you would fill an imaginary building space.
Do you want to fill the space with a 5-storey car wash? Attempt! Or insert an exclusive housing solution? Surprise us!
Rules for the Design the Gap Challenge
- Building ownership is determined by the adjoining buildings.
- In the area of 25m x 5.7m, you can design a solution that does not exceed 30 meters in height and 15 meters underground.
- The projects submitted will be assessed on the basis of the design capacity, aesthetics and application of the allocated quantity.
- The proposed Allplan project must be used as a basis.
Contest Timeline: There is a time until May 31st to submit your proposal
- The competition runs from 2 to 31 May 2022.
- A selection of the best projects will be published on ALLPLAN’s social channels from 6 June.
- ALLPLAN’s expert jury selects the winners, which will be announced on June 15, 2022.
The prizes are up for grabs
1st prize: VR Headset Oculus Quest 2
Do you want to see your building before it is built? Oculus Quest 2 is the first VR headset that you can use without external devices. Just turn it on, turn it on and start the application.
2nd prize: Anycubic Vyper 3D printer
Whether it’s architectural models, vehicles, fashion sketches or any 3D model, Anycubic’s 3D printer helps you shape your 3D creations in an extremely detailed and stable way.
3rd to 5th prize: A book by Zaha Hadid
Zaha Hadid has left an indelible mark on modern architecture like no other before her. This illustrated book shows his excellent projects in a complete edition.
How to participate in the Allplan competition
- Download the Allplan template project.
- Open the model in Allplan and fill the building space with your idea.
Don’t have Allplan yet? The complete and free 30-day demo version is at your disposal HERE.
- Create a JPG or PNG image of your template and submit it via our form (maximum file size: 10 MB).
Note: a specific view / section has been prepared in the template project (see above). You only need this perspective to represent the model and send the image.
- The winners will be contacted via email. If you are one of the lucky winners, we will ask you for the Allplan model to confirm your victory.
ALL THE DETAILS OF THE COMPETITION ON THIS LINK
ALLPLAN is a global supplier of BIM design software to the AEC industry. Faithful to our slogan “design to Build”, we cover the entire process, from the first concept to the executive planning of the construction site and prefabrication. Allplan users create products of the highest quality and level of detail thanks to efficient workflows. ALLPLAN offers powerful integrated cloud technology to support interdisciplinary collaboration on architectural and engineering projects. More than 500 employees around the world continue to write the ALLPLAN success story. With headquarters in Munich, Germany, ALLPLAN is part of the Nemetschek Group, a pioneer in digital transformation in the construction industry.
ALLPLAN in numbers and facts:
- Headquarters: Munich, Germany
- National Agencies: Austria, China, France, Italy, UK, Czech Republic, Singapore, Slovakia, Spain, USA and Switzerland
- Employees: 500 in 12 countries
- Software: 20 languages, 41 countries
- Users: 240,000 worldwide
- 96% user satisfaction, survey of 1,006 ALLPLAN stakeholders and customers